shall we get high on truth?

jueves, marzo 30, 2006

music review I: El Aire De Tu Casa



What you see here is the first music review to appear on new focus. I decided to kick it off with someone you guys have probably never heard of before. Ladies and gentlemen, meet Jesus Adrian Romero, a Hispanic music artist of Christian music. For Christmas I got his newest CD, El Aire De Tu Casa. Yep, you guessed it -- it's in Spanish! Several months ago I posted the lyrics to one of his older, yet very convicting, songs. Once again, Jesus Adrian doesn't fail to to write awesome worship and convicting meditations.

First let's talk about the artist, Jesus Adrian. I found out several things about him on his website and found that he is a very interesting fellow. You can read his biography and interview for yourself at
http://jesusadrian.net but it's in Spanish so I'll be so kind as to briefly tell you some interesting things about him myself. Jesus Adrian was born in Hermosillo, Mexico which is in the north-west section of Mexico a few hours away from the border of Arizona. Early in his life, Jesus Adrian came to the States for seminary. He then pastored for nine years in a few churches both in U.S. and in Mexico. Eventually, he got involved in the worship team at his church and now he has dedicated his time mostly to music and started to travel around the country performing massive worship services. Some would probably call them concerts but they are quite different than normal concerts. Most of his albums have been recorded live, except for his newest one "El Aire De Tu Casa".

In an age where the more noise the better, Jesus Adrian’s music is totally refreshing to me. Every time I listen to it, it makes me slow down and recommit my life to God. To me it is a breath of fresh air after listening to the now-popular, fast paced, punk beat that seems to parrellel with our chaotic, busy life. Too often I need to be told "Be still" in order to remember devotions or to pray to God through out the day. Too often I need to slow down and ask myself "What's my focus?"
As you can tell, the guy has an amazing voice! Singing comes so naturally for him that I think there is no doubt he was meant to produce music! I love every song on the CD, but my favorite is the one playing right now: “Mi Universo” or “My Universe”. It’s one of those sung directly to God asking Him to be the core of every thought and feeling. (If you can’t hear the song then that means too many people have visited my blog in the past hour -- come back later!)
Another song gets me all the time is called "Await Me". How many times do I shove my time alone with God down my priority list? Devotions used to be second nature to me. What in the world has happened to me? Is it really that difficult to quietly open the love letter of my Maker and talk to the most carring Person in the universe? May God get me back to the point to where I can excitingly say, "Lord, you can count me entering your presence. Await me there."
Now, one of the first things I bet you guys noticed was that this guy's name is Jesus. "How dare they!" you say, "What sort of parents would call their son the name of the almighty?" Ironically, one of the most beautiful songs on the album is one call "He's Not Like Me". Then you say, "Well good for him. I bet he needs that reminder all the time!" Look who's talking! With some awesome, Spanish-style guitar arangment, the song reminds me that we all constantly need the reminder that God's ways are not our ways. Our sin-cursed minds cannot compare with the holy mind of God.
There are so many good songs on this CD but if I ramble any more you guys will never visit my site again. I think the next blog I'll post will be something on the differeces of the Christian worldview and the world's. So do, come again!

5 Comments:

Blogger kiwi said...

good song and very convicting message! life can be so crazy and stressful that i need to constantly remind myself to be still and spend time with and focused on my Saviour. He gives so much peace in the middle of life's storms. i look forward to reading your next post...time to get back to writing an 8 page paper for ed. pyschology : )

2/4/06 4:42 p.m.

 
Blogger Nata said...

Father Brown, you are spending too much time on my blog. listen to me, you really need to bless other blogs with your time as well.

3/4/06 7:33 p.m.

 
Blogger Nata said...

fine. WHATeverrrrrr. i AM leaving. i've got more important things to do!

3/4/06 7:52 p.m.

 
Blogger yoshi said...

and the evil kid hyped on red bull sweeps in and steals the next slot, leaving a gap between your number eight and number nine....hehehehehe

3/4/06 9:43 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Hi my old friend :-)

Good to see you are getting activ. I really enjoy reading here. Its refreshing to see that there are pages that still talk about other stuff then what every body else might do. Your music review is really intresting. father brown you seam to be a good friend of nata. And nata i look forward to read and write on this. It is getting a blessing to be around with such nice people :-)

Yours because I am HIS LOVE

7/4/06 12:04 a.m.

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home