shall we get high on truth?

miércoles, julio 06, 2005

A Prayer to Abba

Gasping for air you placed yourself on those beams
Your blood flowing down in thick streams
Hatred in their eyes, the Romans seized their rusty tools
Braking through your skin, creating red pools

And as you were abused
The sky grew dark
And all were confused
When they heard your remark

"Abba, oh Abba
Please forgive their iniquities
Place their sins on my shoulders
As you turn you gaze from me"

Twenty centries later I grabbed some nails of my own
Hoping so satisfy my thirsty soul
Pain surged and blood flowed and yet I still wanted more
Although I got so sick from such gore

And as you where abused
The sky grew dark
And I was confused
When I heard your remark

"Abba, oh Abba
Please forgive his iniquities
Place his sins on my shoulders
As you turn your gaze from me"

With a guilty soul, I dropped down to my trembling knees
Doubting that you’d even hear my plea
I tried to hide my face with my blood stained hands
But there was no escape from the Lord of all lands

Then I fell at your feet
Like a dirty beggar
I wanted to be free
So made a prayer

“Father, oh, Father
Please forgive my iniquities
Take this burden from my shoulders
As you turn your gaze towards me”

5 Comments:

Blogger yoshi said...

that was good...especially the part were we pick up the nails. it chokes me up to think about that.

do i get to hear the music?

6/7/05 11:42 p.m.

 
Blogger Done said...

that's awesome nata!! it makes me cry just to think about everything I've done and what Christ has undergone for me. and yeah do I get to hear it sometime:)

7/7/05 1:30 p.m.

 
Blogger yoshi said...

i doubt anyone has ever told you this before in regard to spiritual things, but make sure it is really something you believe before you dive into it. until i truly accepted all of it, i didn't really appretiate like i do know. if you have any questions, feel free to ask us. we would love to help.

9/7/05 4:34 p.m.

 
Blogger Nata said...

that's very true yoshi, thanks for the comment! and yes, if there's any way in which we can help we will!

9/7/05 8:30 p.m.

 
Blogger yoshi said...

well, from a kid who almost got kicked out o school 3 years in a row and sent to a bording school b/c my parents couln't get me to behave, yeah it changed me a lot. i was getting into a lot of stuff that i shouldn't have been in. i mean, i still get into trouble (like, all the time), but its for little struff and i don't get in trouble nearly as much as i used to. and i have changed the things that i do to try and please God. it may sound kinda cheezy, but thats how it is. at lest now i know what will happen to me when i die.

18/7/05 10:13 p.m.

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home