shall we get high on truth?

lunes, febrero 11, 2008

To Be a Good Poet...

(So I wrote this poem for a workshop in my Creative Writing class but most of the students had no idea what the point of this poem is. I've tried but I just can't change it, it feels so complete to me, and the critiques at school were not very helpful. Any suggestions to make it more understandable?)

...There’s a hundred things I could say.


The way the water closet wakes

to the clattering rain.

The way the cold morning stumbles

My body into the tub.

The way the hot drizzle melts

My frozen blood.

The way the streams cascade

amassing skin grease

through My hair

along My neck

over My collar bone

around My pex

dripping,

splattering,

swirling down the black hole.


I’m such a good poet.


Watch.

The way showers inc. paste My words

to flow a slogan with their logo.

The way poet publishers copy My rights

and roll in the moldy dough.

The way rock bands sing My lyrics

to wash away the mess of yesterday.

The way a brazilian street kid wades.

in my greasy water.

to scrub off his dirt.

from last week.


...there’s a hundred things i Should say.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan Haynie said...

Nice. I like it. Makes plenty sense to me...

Hmmm... I think it's you that owes me an email...

23/2/08 2:43 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Hi Nate :-)

I would say its a job well done.

It does make sence to me as well.

I won´t change anythink on it. Its understandable from my point of view.
I even think that changing on it may hurt it more then it could do it good. so don´t take any chances on it.

And if you have any time just give me a note. You know where to find me.

9/3/08 9:13 p.m.

 
Blogger Jonathan Haynie said...

When ARE you going to write another blog??? I miss your deep thoughts.

26/5/08 1:35 p.m.

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home